The Frederick C. Robie House, in Hyde Park, Chicago, Illinois, was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The Robies only occupied the house for a short time before Mr. Robie’s bicycle business went bankrupt. Two other families lived in the house after the Robies, the last leaving the home in 1926. The house was then purchased by the Chicago Theological Seminary, which on at least two occasions had plans to demolish the structure.
Today, the house is owned by the University of Chicago and is designated a National Historic Landmark. Detailed information is available on Wikipedia and the website of the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust